Cuddly Buddly

Cuddly Buddly
DT Member

Cuddly Buddly

Cuddly Buddly
FACEBOOK

Blog Archive

Search

Loading...

About Me

My photo
Grew up in the era of make and mend so have always been crafty. Love trying new things and in particularly love Art and Crafts. My favourite techniques are colouring with different mediums and altered art. Always happy to try new things.

Email me here

Popular Posts

Spread the word

BLOG CANDY

FREE

Google translate

CLICK TO BECOME A FOLLOWER OF THIS BLOG

Followers

Translate

Total Pageviews

BLOG CANDY

Follow by Email

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.
COPYRIGHT NOTICE Please take a look at my work, you are more than welcome to take inspiration from designs but please do not copy any of my cards or use any of the ideas as your own.


All content referring to photographs, text and design projects are the work of uk-sharon-colouringforpleasure.


Thank you for your support and co-operation.

Saturday, 9 March 2013

SWEETPEA DT INSPIRATION


This week is Variation week over at Sweetpea Dt inspiration blog.  For anyone who hasn't a clue what Variation week is - it's a week of inspiration from all members of the DT team showing their particular take on the same stamp/image.  



This week's chosen stamp is DREAMING OF AQUAMARINE TIDES by Katerina Koukiotis available here.  There is also a plate featuring this image and 3 others available here.

My inspiration was limited by several things.  Firstly I have slipped some discs in my back and at least one of them is trapping a nerve so I am also suffering from Sciatica - hence any crafting has been very limited and things have had to be done a lot quicker than normal.  I usually like to play with ideas before finalising on the one I like the most!



I started my project by colouring the image and thought I'd go black and white for quickness - thinking that black and white would work with any papers - so would be able to save time by not spending hours sorting out colours etc.

Firstly, I coloured the skin tones with the Cool greys which looked OK and quite like a black and white photograph.  Then a day or two later I thought I would use the Warm greys for the eyes and lips - which I did.  Having coloured the eyes and lips I was unsure the cool greys worked that well so I decided to use one of the palest warm greys and completely cover previous colouring - warming the skin tones to work with the eyes and lips.



Still unsure I deliberately left the shell and girls nails white.  I decided to keep the contract and just add a little stickles glitter glue to the shell edges.

Feeling the image still needed something but not sure what - I decided to add some PVA pearl glue for faux pearls, adding these to the girl's eye lashes and hair strands.

Having finished the image I was left with the dilemma of WHAT NEXT!  Well I thought about making a note book using a tag and various connotations of this idea.  Having not been able to decide all day what to do I decided to leave.

This morning I remembered I had partly re-covered my telephone book but had left the project uncompleted as it just didn't work with anything I was working with at the time.  Today, I decided that I was going to make it work after all black and white would work with anything!

OK, not quite convinced plodded on regardless.  After re-attaching the index papers back to the cover it was just a case of decorating!

Hope you like it!  Overall I quite like it although I would have made the frame a bit more prominent.



The variations is the photo's are because some where taken on top of the photo tent and others in the tent!

Techniques:
USED:     Re: covered an old address book

Medium:   Copics, White pen, Stickles glitter glue, PVA glue
Papers:    Bo Bunny

Dies used:  Spellbinders
Embellishments:   Various flowers, gems

Best wishes,
Challenges I'm entering this into 
Avadares - spring
CardCraftersCircle - Vintage flair
Clearly istamps- die cuts
Creativecorner - go green
Delicious doodles - die cuts
Digihaven - green
Hotshot craft - Anything but a card
PattiesCreations - green
PolkaDoodles - spring flowers
QKRStampede - green
SimplyCreate - green

15 comments:

Teresa Arsenault said...

Wow. What a stunning creation; a real work of art.

Thanks for joining us at Avadares for our last challenge.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

Sandi said...

Wow, what a beautiful creation for the front of your telephone/address book! Thanks for playing in our 'Green for St. Patrick's Day' Challenge #63!
Sandi ♥
DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
and Pattie's shop
Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

Wendy Fraser said...

Oh wow, this is just stunning! Your colouring is amazing and it's so beautifully embellished. Thanks for joining us at Digi haven xx

Shirley-anne said...

Quite artistic . I think that you have given this beautiful image some mystery. I'm happy that you did not make the frame more prominate . Love the embellishing too .
Thanks for sharing on Card Crafter's Circle

Kelly Leese said...

What a stunning creation, i love what you have done here. Thank you for joining us at Delicious Doodles and Good Luck xx

Dianne said...

Sharon your the BOMB what a stunning card like OUTSTANDING,it's such a pleasure to our eyes, thanks for sharing your creativity have a great Mums day..

pinky said...

Wow stunning creation! Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles.
Pinky

Happycrafter Shell said...

gorgeous! I love the colours and all the emblieshments you have used on this piece.
Thanks for playing along with us at Delicious Doodles
Shelley (Delicious Doodles DT) xx

Asha said...

This is gorgeous! Thanks for joining our Spring Flowers challenge at PolkaDoodles. Hope to see you again next week. ... x
Asha - PolkaDoodles DT
Sunny Summer Crafts

NanaConnie said...

Beautiful card, Sharon! Sorry to hear of your back problems. But I'm really happy that you joined in our "Spring or Easter" challenge at Avadares this month. Good luck in the challenge.
NanaConnie DT

Pattie G said...

This is perfect for our current challenge at Pattie’s Creations. Thanks for joining us!
Hugs
Pattie ♥
Artist
at Pattie's Creations Design Challenge!

Anonymous said...

Howdy! I realize this is kind of off-topic but I had to ask.
Does building a
well-established website like yours take a massive
amount work? I'm completely new to writing a blog but I do write in my
journal every day. I'd like to start a blog so I can easily share my experience and
feelings online. Please let me know if you have any ideas or
tips for brand new aspiring bloggers.
Thankyou!

My blog post My Site

Anonymous said...

Hey! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any
trouble with hackers? My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up
losing a few months of hard work due to no
back up. Do you have any solutions to prevent hackers?

Here is my blog; Go to my website

alethea said...

Wow, this is stunning!!! Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles! Hugsxx

Deanne Clarke-Saunders said...

Adorable!!! Thanks for participating in our QKR STAMPEDE challenge!! Hope to see you again next week!

~DEANNE~