Cuddly Buddly

Cuddly Buddly
DT Member

Cuddly Buddly

Cuddly Buddly
FACEBOOK

Blog Archive

Search

Loading...

About Me

My photo
Grew up in the era of make and mend so have always been crafty. Love trying new things and in particularly love Art and Crafts. My favourite techniques are colouring with different mediums and altered art. Always happy to try new things.

Email me here

Popular Posts

Spread the word

BLOG CANDY

FREE

Google translate

CLICK TO BECOME A FOLLOWER OF THIS BLOG

Followers

Translate

Total Pageviews

BLOG CANDY

Follow by Email

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.
COPYRIGHT NOTICE Please take a look at my work, you are more than welcome to take inspiration from designs but please do not copy any of my cards or use any of the ideas as your own.


All content referring to photographs, text and design projects are the work of uk-sharon-colouringforpleasure.


Thank you for your support and co-operation.

Wednesday, 6 March 2013

SWEETPEA DT INSPIRATION

For today's project I thought I would use these fabulous stamps from MARLON TEUNISSEN'S COLLECTION to create a PASSPORT cover.

The stamps are available singularly or as a plate here.

The Pilot
Steam Angel









To make this cover I used an empty Cereal box, covered both sides and then used a sewing machine to edge.  Unfortunately I didn't check the stitches before starting so the stitching isn't set on the proper tension but the effect is OK.

I then finished colouring the images and cut the die cut shapes - having another mishap - the die slipped whilst embossing but again I quite liked the effect!

To strengthen the spine I gilded and decorated with PVA glue faux pearls.  I decided not to add too many embellishments as I wanted the cover to remain quite flat.

Techniques:
USED:      Cereal box

Medium:   Copics, Sakura glitter pen, black gel pen, distressing ink, gilding flakes
Papers:    Kanban
Dies used:    Marianne stamp dies, Circle punch, Sizzix corners
Embellishments:  Faux pearls, Epoxy caps

Best wishes,
Challenges I'm entering this into 
CraftRoom - From me to you gift
Crazy Amigo - Women
Creative Craft - Mothers day
Loves Rubber stamps - Anything goes
Papertake Weekly - Anything goes
Use it Tuesdays - use gold - everything else in from hoarded stash
Vickie's Challenge - Anything goes
Kaboodle Doodles - Anything but a card
Craft my life - Anything but a card
Paper playtime - Anything goes
Whoopsi daisy - 2 pattern papers

17 comments:

Zoe Sanderson said...

What a clever idea! and very stylish love it. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

Sanja Grdinić said...

Amazing! Can You make one for me too? :) ... Pretty please?

Scrappy Chick said...

Very cool project! Thank you so much for playing along at Use It Tuesday!
Tracy DT

Heather said...

What a neat thing to make ~ great how your "mistakes" just make it perfect and handmade. Thanks for joining us at Paper Playtime this week.

Athina said...

What a great idea and it is recycled also! I love it! Thanks for playing with us at Loves Rubberstamps!

Heather B said...

What a creative idea!! Love it. Thanks for playing with us at Use It Tuesday!!

Dianne said...

GORGEOUS, Miss Sharon,love the recycling too. Hope this means your feeling better, hope so..Thanks for sharing your creativity and have a great day..

Liz said...

Lovely colouring and the deep red is beautiful for it! Thank you for playing along at Paper Playtime this week :)

Nicole said...

What a wonderful idea! Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us at Use It Tuesday! Hope you'll play along with a challenge again soon!

Lady Anne said...

Such a clever idea, I wouldn't have thought of this so thank you for the idea and inspiration. Thank You for sharing with us at Lady Anne's Challenges. I hope we see you again soon.
Love ~ Lady Anne xx

Cards by Lady Anne

Lady Anne's Challenge
Lady Anne's Stamp Challenge
Lady Anne's: NanaVic's Challenge

Daisychain said...

Great cover, love the papers you have used. Thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy. Hugs Christine x

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

This is a beauty! I adore it! Thank you for playing along with us at Craft Rooom this fortnight. Wishes, Suzanne xoxo

Dangina Martinez said...

Stunning design. Thank You for playing along with us at Loves Rubber Stamps this week.
Good Luck, Dangina

sparklingblackrose said...

Sharon this is spectacular! Thank you so much for joining my All Crafts Challenge, I hope to see you enter again soon :-) Elaine-xxx-

Sandra said...

What a nice idea. Liking those stamps too.

Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Craft Challenges

SandraT xxx

hazel said...

I love your passport cover - what a great idea. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
xxx Hazel.

sparklingblackrose said...

Wow what a fantastic altering project! Thank you so much for joining my All Crafts Challenge, hope to see you join in again soon! Elaine-xxx- www.sparklingblackrose-craftmylife.blogspot.com