Cuddly Buddly

Cuddly Buddly
DT Member

Cuddly Buddly

Cuddly Buddly
FACEBOOK

Blog Archive

Search

Loading...

About Me

My photo
Grew up in the era of make and mend so have always been crafty. Love trying new things and in particularly love Art and Crafts. My favourite techniques are colouring with different mediums and altered art. Always happy to try new things.

Email me here

Popular Posts

Spread the word

BLOG CANDY

FREE

Google translate

CLICK TO BECOME A FOLLOWER OF THIS BLOG

Followers

Translate

Total Pageviews

BLOG CANDY

Follow by Email

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.
COPYRIGHT NOTICE Please take a look at my work, you are more than welcome to take inspiration from designs but please do not copy any of my cards or use any of the ideas as your own.


All content referring to photographs, text and design projects are the work of uk-sharon-colouringforpleasure.


Thank you for your support and co-operation.

Sunday, 17 March 2013

SWEETPEA DT INSPIRATION



I loved colouring Holly by REBECCA SINZ for our blog hop so much I chose to colour her again.  This time I wanted to use more colour creating a different feel and attitude to the stamp.

I am forever trying different skin colour combinations and techniques.  I'm afraid I wasn't really confident of where to stop and so thought I may have over coloured the face!  I used the blender pen on the skin to help tone-in and I thought the hair was too flat so lifted some ink off with the blender pen which is now my most used pen!

I thought I would make another book as this is my favourite thing to make at the moment and to be honest I am always writing things down so I guess note books are added to my list of GIRL MUST HAVE THINGS!








I've struggled this week with my back and so I wasn't able to start my project until this morning.  As I am running in the wind - as to speak - I have not been able to bind the book to show you.  However, if time allows tomorrow I will finish and add another photo.

Nearly forgot Rebecca Sinz's Holly is available here as a single stamp or part of a plate of four stamps.  Eight new stamps have also been released by Rebecca here.

This stamp is also available in digi format.

Techniques etc.
Distressing to the edges - Tim Holtz - green - peeled paint
Dies used - Cheery Lyn Holly flourish and large flourish, Spellbinders for frames
Colouring - Copics markers, blender pen, white pen
Embellishments - various flowers, pearl swirl flourish - cut up, buttons, pearl beads
Punches - circle, for centre of flower and epoxy sticker, leaf punch
Papers - background paper, craftwork cards, scrap bits - unknown!
plus Sprinkling of glitter
Clinch machine to cut holes ready to bind

Best wishes,





Challenges I'm entering this into 
Lady Anne's Challenge - Anything goes
Christmas Cards All Year round - sparkle and bling
Natalie and Amy - dies
Sandy's Crafty Creations - shades of green
Sparkle N Sprinkle - anything with glitter
Speedy and Friends - green
Clearly Inspired - die cuts
Delicious Doodles - die cuts
Hotshot Craft - Anything but a card
Pattie's Creations - green
Wags 'n Whiskers - green

12 comments:

Kate said...

Great project! Love all the little details. Thanks for joining us at Speedy Fox & Friends.

Barbara Bruder said...

What a great cover for your book. The flowers and the holly swirls really are a beautiful accent to the intriguing image you used.The pearls and the glitter accents really finish it off. Thanks for joining us at the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge this month.
Barbara - SNSCC coordin.

Sharon said...

Love your book, wish I could color like you. Give me new ideas for my blender pen.Thanks for joining us for Lady Anne's Stamp Challenge.

Winnie and Patty said...

This is a wonderful project Sharon! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy Fox & Friends blog challenge!

Pat Garvin said...

Great project. Thanks for joining Speedy Fox and Friends.

inkeverywhere said...

Wow - a great amount of detail and a very impressive project. Chantell JAI

Dianne said...

Another fabulous book, I love the coloring, and all the details amazing, thanks for sharing all your creativity,sending well wishes to you and hope your back gets better..

Sandy Trefger said...

Beautiful book! I love the design and the pretty shades of green. Fabulous image and coloring!
Thanks for sharing this with my Shades of Green March Challenge at Sandy's Crafty Creations!
~sandy
visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

Nikki Byrne said...

What a wonderful notepad, any girl would love it! thank you for sharing it with us at Delicious doodles for our Angels challenge Hugs NIKKI DT

Angie said...

Love all the embellishments! Great project! Thanks for joining Speedy Fox & Friends this week!

Jacqueline Smith said...

Fabulous card, love the all the details on your card. Thanks for playing with us at SNS Monthly Card Challenge!

Lady Anne said...

I just love this image also and you have done it proud. I hope your back is much better now. Thank You for sharing with us at Lady Anne's Challenges. I hope we see you again soon.
Love ~ Lady Anne xx

Cards by Lady Anne

Lady Anne's Challenge
Lady Anne's Stamp Challenge
Lady Anne's: NanaVic's Challenge