Cuddly Buddly

Cuddly Buddly
DT Member

Cuddly Buddly

Cuddly Buddly
FACEBOOK

Blog Archive

Search

Loading...

About Me

My photo
Grew up in the era of make and mend so have always been crafty. Love trying new things and in particularly love Art and Crafts. My favourite techniques are colouring with different mediums and altered art. Always happy to try new things.

Email me here

Popular Posts

Spread the word

BLOG CANDY

FREE

Google translate

CLICK TO BECOME A FOLLOWER OF THIS BLOG

Followers

Translate

Total Pageviews

BLOG CANDY

Follow by Email

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.
COPYRIGHT NOTICE Please take a look at my work, you are more than welcome to take inspiration from designs but please do not copy any of my cards or use any of the ideas as your own.


All content referring to photographs, text and design projects are the work of uk-sharon-colouringforpleasure.


Thank you for your support and co-operation.

Wednesday, 20 February 2013

WATERCOLOUR OR .......



I used watercolouring pencils to colour this gorgeous stamp from Elisabeth Bell called STARR. For this stamp or any of the other Elisabeth Bell collections click here.



I coloured this some time ago and then decided I didn't like my colouring  - but having not seen it for some time I've quite forgotten why I didn't like it!  Maybe it's just a case of stepping back sometimes, working close up and personal you just start seeing mistakes and problems!

I do definitely remember having one disaster after another which probably added to my growing disatisfaction.   Having coloured the tail I decided I didn't like the effect so I covering with stickles glitter glue thinking that would add texture and subtly cover the colouring/colour!  Not so, once the image had dried I hated the stickles - it had dried flat and lifeless - so I scraped it all off.  

In removing the stickles with a knife the tail got damaged but I really like the distressed look - adding texture to the fin.  I had seen a Watercolour painter distressing his painting with a knife to achieve the surf on the water and also distressing rocks in the same way to add aging and texture - so idea was not completely my own!



I used liquid chalk for the sky and was unsure about the result achieved.  The fantasy hair colour was a new one for me and definitely took me out of my comfort zone.





I hope I have encouraged those of us out there who are very critical to go back and take another look at your projects - you may be surprised by want you see!

Check back next week to see if you prefer COPICS!

Techniques:

Medium:  Watercolouring pencils, Liquid chalk, knife
Papers:   Papermania capsule collection
Dies used:  from memory - Spellbinders circles, Marianne floral flourish
Embellishments:  Pearls, flowers, brads, die-cut hearts

Best wishes,
Challenges I'm entering this into 
Loves Rubberstamping - layers
Oldie but Goodie - BRIGHT COLOURS - something 6 months old (Everything except image)
Vickie's Challenge - Anything goes
Crafty Boots Challenge - out of your comfort zone (colours!)
Whoopsi daisy - Girly
Great Impressions - must have a heart


9 comments:

julie_woolston said...

Sharon this is absolutely beautiful, gorgeous s colours design and detail. Love it .
Hugs Julie x

Dee's Craft Room said...

I love the effects you have used on this image, the tail looks amazing and I adore her hair that colour.

Thank you for moving out of your comfort zone for Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Daisychain said...

A beautiful card, love the colours and embellishments you have used. Her hair is fantastic! Thanks for sharing it with us at Whoopsi Daisy for our ‘Make It Girly’ challenge. Hope to see you next week. Hugs Christine x

Lady Anne said...

So pleased you couldn't remember why you didn't like it *laughing* I love it, beautiful colours and design. Thank you for sharing with us at Lady Anne's Challenges. I hope we see you again soon.
Love ~ Lady Anne xx
Lady Anne's Challenges

Nicola said...

Gorgeous creation Sharon, thanks for joining Whoopsi Daisy Make It Girly challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Nicola -x-

Francesca said...

Great creation,
thanks for joining us at Oldie but a goodie this fortnight and good luck!

Francesca x

Cheryl said...

Great post! I agree that sometimes we are our own toughest critics. I think your coloring is lovely.


Thank you for joining our challenge at Great Impressions Stamps .

--Cheryl--

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh this is so super adorable, love the colors and the fabulous flowers, your layers are perfect. http://www.lovesrubberstamps.net/category/new.htm

Marcy said...

Wow, this is stunning! I've never tried using watercolor pencils and you did an amazing job. Love the purple colors and the beautiful image! Thanks so much for joining our challenge over at Loves Rubberstamps! :)