Saturday, 12 January 2013

SWETPEA DT INSPIRATION

This is another first for me I thought I'd try colouring with pencils (Polychromo and Prisma) on Brown card.  Nothing special about this card just used some recycled card  - a little course but I quite liked the natural bits in the card.




The image I used was another Karen Middleton stamp called simply FACE 3.  There are three stamps in this series, Face 1, Face 2 and Face 3 although there are many other stamps by Karen Middleton featuring female head and shoulders - all quite difference and beautiful is their own rights.



Techniques:

Medium:  Pencils and Solvent for blending, Vintage Photo distressing ink
Papers:   Brown cardstock, Craftwork cards paper

Dies used:   Marianne dies used for framing image, Spellbinders corners, Memory box Butterfly, Spellbinders large flower
Embellishments:   Bow, Pearl flourishes, flat back pearls small and large

Best wishes,
Challenges I'm entering this into 
CMC Copic Challenge - Pastels
Crafty Calendar Challenge - Something new (Pearl flourishes)
Di's Digis Designs - Try something new (colouring on brown card)
My Time to Craft - Spotlight Technique
Our Creative Corner - Shabby Chic
So Artful Challenge - Neutrals and pink
Totally Gorjuss - Spotty

11 comments:

Jenn Borjeson said...

Beautiful card - I'm sorry, but we require the use of Just Some Lines images in order to enter our challenges. Please do try again! :)

Dianne said...

Its absolutely gorgeous, so soft beautiful colored, I love it. Your first try was excellent.

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

beautiful indeed!
thanks for sharing at MTTC!

Craftyrose said...

I love your card. It is so elegant and beautifully donw. Thanks for joining us at Di's digi downloads this week. xx

Electra said...

You say there isn't anything special about this card, but I think everything about it is special!! Thank you for joining in with us on our challenge and being Soartful!!

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Beautiful creation!

Thank you for sharing with us at My Time To Craft this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Marti Wills said...

beautiful card! i like the look of coloring on kraft too but don't do it nearly enough! thanks for joining in on color me creative!

Tammy said...

Gorgeous card Sharon! I love that image and your beautiful coloring!! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calender this month!
Tammy x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Beautiful. Thanks for playing at TG. I have a little candy on offer x

Patricia St Martin said...

Just a darling card. Thank so much for joining us at Color Me Creative challenge. We love seeing your creation. Good luck on the challenge.
Hugs, Patricia

Sharon said...

Sharon, on my this is just gorgeous! I love the soft pretty colors you chose to work with, and the coloring that you did is exquisite.
Thank you for playing along with us @ OCC. however, we do have a restriction on how many challenges can be combined with ours, and you excede that number. But, please, play along with us again. yOur work is beautiful.