Cuddly Buddly

Cuddly Buddly
DT Member

Cuddly Buddly

Cuddly Buddly
FACEBOOK

Blog Archive

Search

Loading...

About Me

My photo
Grew up in the era of make and mend so have always been crafty. Love trying new things and in particularly love Art and Crafts. My favourite techniques are colouring with different mediums and altered art. Always happy to try new things.

Email me here

Popular Posts

Spread the word

BLOG CANDY

FREE

Google translate

CLICK TO BECOME A FOLLOWER OF THIS BLOG

Followers

Translate

Total Pageviews

BLOG CANDY

Follow by Email

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.
COPYRIGHT NOTICE Please take a look at my work, you are more than welcome to take inspiration from designs but please do not copy any of my cards or use any of the ideas as your own.


All content referring to photographs, text and design projects are the work of uk-sharon-colouringforpleasure.


Thank you for your support and co-operation.

Friday, 4 January 2013

Sweetpea Dt Inspiration

I hope everyone had a good holiday and Happy New Year.

I haven't got a card to share with you but I do have some inspiration to share.  I have for a long time had the wooden box set of  Carand'ache of Switzerland water colouring pencils unused apart from the playing with them when they first arrived.  Having had difficulty mastering how to use them I had packed them away in preference of my Alcohol pens.




I love the effect Watercolouring creates but find it very difficult to be less precise and have the freedom you need when watercolouring.  I find it very difficult to leave white patches and not blend colours - that's why my watercolouring is always a disappointment as they look flat block colours and not loose and translucent!




I stamped a couple of Elizabeth Bell's Li'l Miss Polly and started trying difference techniques.  I found that on the first one I tried adding more colour whilst the image was still wet (on the girl's Hair).  I didn't like this so on the next one I added colour washes and building up slowly as each layer dried.  Again I wasn't impressed with the over all effect and decided both were too flat, the first one had no definition at all and the second one wasn't at all translucent!

Next I stamped up Karen Middleton's Face 1 and tried again adding the pencil just in the darkest areas and spreading the colour with a full headed brush adding lots of water.  To maintain the shading I dipped the brush in the water to remove any colour and adding only water to water-down the colour more as I moved to the lightest areas.  I found that this looked more like the effect I was trying to create.

I hope I have encourage any one with Water colours to get them out and have a go.  Please feel free to leave me you Water colouring tips as I would really like to improve and find a style my own style!

Large image still wet when photo was taken.

Best wishes,  


Challenges I'm entering this into challenges

0 comments: