Cuddly Buddly

Cuddly Buddly
DT Member

Cuddly Buddly

Cuddly Buddly
FACEBOOK

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Grew up in the era of make and mend so have always been crafty. Love trying new things and in particularly love Art and Crafts. My favourite techniques are colouring with different mediums and altered art. Always happy to try new things.

Email me here

Popular Posts

Spread the word

BLOG CANDY

FREE

Google translate

CLICK TO BECOME A FOLLOWER OF THIS BLOG

Followers

Translate

Total Pageviews

BLOG CANDY

Follow by Email

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.
COPYRIGHT NOTICE Please take a look at my work, you are more than welcome to take inspiration from designs but please do not copy any of my cards or use any of the ideas as your own.


All content referring to photographs, text and design projects are the work of uk-sharon-colouringforpleasure.


Thank you for your support and co-operation.

Sunday, 28 October 2012

IT MAY BE RAINING........

Another one of my images coloured over the Summer when playing with monochromatic colouring.  Unfortunately after a family upset I stopped crafting and found it really difficult to recapture my desire to do anything much at all.



One thing I've noticed is that I have several images fully or partially coloured and abandoned - I now can't remember what I didn't like about my colouring!  Looking at them now they look OK - maybe it's just working with something so closely you see your errors but when you look back after some time has elapsed you see it with fresh eyes and not with negativity!



This gorgeous little image is one of my favourite stamps from WOJ by Elisabeth Bell and was one of my first stamps purchased although alas not one of my first colouring projects!  



With the image already coloured it was a matter of choosing papers - which was made easy as any colour will work with black and white it's just a matter of whether or not the pattern works with the image!



The design just developed - playing around with the papers and image.  I seem to be favouring rectangle shaped cards at the moment as I have made several that will be published this week! 

Techniques:  - Faux border edging on Spellbinders
USED:  TLC - Sentiment

Medium:
Copics, Pencils, Sukura gel and black pens

Papers:
Craftwork cards, Black cardstock, Mirri card

Dies used:
McGills Flower  and leaf punches, Spellbinders die

Embellishments:
Ribbon and bow, gem brads, faux brads, Various flowers, pre-cut die shape 

Best wishes,
Challenges I'm entering this into 
Challenges4everybody - Anything goes
GlitternSparkle - Monochrome
Stampalotchallenge - Punch away
ThatCraftPlaceChallenge - TicTacToe (gems, sentiment and ribbon)
TheSquirrelandthefox - use a ribbon

10 comments:

brenda said...

You're image is coloured beautifully Sharon and your card is quite delightful.

Thanks so much for joining our Punch Away theme at Stampalot challenge this month.

B x

Liz said...

Sharon so sorry have not got round to e mailing you I am still at 6's and 7's keep meaning to and dont but I WILL soon promise lovely to see your delightful work again

hugs to u Liz xx

pinky said...

Beautiful card Sharon. Thanks for joining us at Stampalot.
Pinky

purpleprincess2007 said...

Your colouring is fab and its great you've been able to start crafting again! Thanks for joining us at Challenges 4 Everybody and good luck!
Hugs xx Cara xx DT

craftygranny said...

Beautiful card i love the colour and the layout. Thanks for sharing with us at glitternsparkle . hugs trisha x

Abbie721 said...

Beautiful card, love the image which is so cute. Thank you for joining us at Glitter n Sparkle this week. Abbie DT xx

sam said...

Stunning card and thanks for joining us on glitternsparkle xx Sam DT

Pinkies Sparkly Creations said...

stunning card love the colours thanks for joining us at glitter n sparkle and good luck emma xx

Toni Herron said...

Awww she is adorable!! And I totally understand about the colouring issues, I do it too! :(
Glad your happy with the image now though, cause I think its wonderful!
Thanks for joining in this week at Glitter n Sparkle..
Toni - DT

Cathy said...

Fabulous card, love the image. Thank you for joining in the That Craft Place Challenge.
Cathy xx