Cuddly Buddly

Cuddly Buddly
DT Member

Cuddly Buddly

Cuddly Buddly
FACEBOOK

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Grew up in the era of make and mend so have always been crafty. Love trying new things and in particularly love Art and Crafts. My favourite techniques are colouring with different mediums and altered art. Always happy to try new things.

Email me here

Popular Posts

Spread the word

BLOG CANDY

FREE

Google translate

CLICK TO BECOME A FOLLOWER OF THIS BLOG

Followers

Translate

Total Pageviews

BLOG CANDY

Follow by Email

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.
COPYRIGHT NOTICE Please take a look at my work, you are more than welcome to take inspiration from designs but please do not copy any of my cards or use any of the ideas as your own.


All content referring to photographs, text and design projects are the work of uk-sharon-colouringforpleasure.


Thank you for your support and co-operation.

Tuesday, 24 July 2012

SWEETPEA DT INSPIRATION



This week I am sharing this fabulous image from Sweetpea stamps with you.  Teresa Sherman's Steampunk Sally - Sheet 4, Plate 212 available here.


Gothic/steam punk images aren't usually my thing as I'm not a lover of Dark images,  I find them difficult to do favouring cute - but I have to say I was expectantly drawn to this plate.  


After colouring this stamp I thought it looked too clean for steam punk so decided to have a go at PUNKING IT UP - I had sprayed the image with a shine varnish so it was difficult to get the distressing inks to work.  I actually liked the finish result and was glad that the varnish had stopped the distressing inks from penetrating and saturating the image too much.



Inside view



Techniques:


Ripping and tearing


Stamps:  Sweetpea - Steampunk Sally
                 Whimsy sentiment stamps

Medium:   Copics, Prisma and Polychromo pencils, Distressing Inks, Spray varnish
Papers:    Papermania, Black cardstock
Dies used:    Spellbinders frame and flower dies, Whimsy sentiment dies, Cheery Lyn flourish dies
Embellishments:  Flowers, brad, bow

Best wishes,
Challenges I'm entering this into 
Artwithnoboundaries - Anything goes
CheeryLynDesign - Celebration
MarkerPOP - B&W
PoisonedPeas - Unusual Alice...
Simon Says Stamp and Show - Hey Girl

20 comments:

Sandy Hulsart said...

Stunning card, very unique. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge blog.

mforquer said...

What a gorgeous creation! Love the pops of color on the black and white! Thanks for joining us at MarkerPop!
hugs,
M

Ellis said...

Stunning creation and you did a great job on the coloring! =) The sentiments are perfect too! =)
Thanks for joining us at Art With No Boundaries!
Hugs, Elenor DT

Bonnie Irvine said...

You did a great job on this steampunk card. The colouration is beautiful and I love the black, gray, and red colour palette. Thanks for joining our challenge at Art With No Boundaries.

febe said...

Beautiful colors on a fab image. Lovely background :)

cheap limo hire sydney

Tracy Valure said...

Lovely card and coloring. Thanks for playing with us at MarkerPop!

Tracy Valure

Jodi said...

fabulous card!! Thank you for joining in the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs!

Sugar said...

OH! I love this image! fabulous job!!
thanks for joining us at PPP!

Sarah said...

a really great image and wonderful shading! Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Sarah.

Marie Gamber said...

What a beautiful card! Gorgeous coloring!
Thank you for joining us at MarkerPop!
Hugs,
Marie XX

Chris / CS Designs said...

Great card, Great coloring and I love how dramatic the steampunk design looks against the black and white background. Thank you for sharing this with us on Art With No Boundaries.
:) Chris / CS Designs

Lori said...

What a lovely color palette! Your highlighting and shading are wonderful. So glad you linked up at Art With No Boundaries!

bewaredarkshadows said...

I'm so glad you decided to give this a try. I love what you did with it. I love the inside of your card as well. Thanks for joining us at PPP & I hope you will join us again. Patti (PPP DT)

beadz said...

Very fun card - I love the pop of red. Thanks for joining us for the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge and good luck!
hugs,
Gini

JD said...

Stunning card! Beautifully colored!

Julia said...

Great coloring.
Thanks for joining us at Poisoned Peas Please.
Hugs,
Julia

CraftyGirl said...

your coloring is amazing. Great job! Thank you for playing along at Poisoned Peas Please. Good luck in the challenge.

TTFN,

CraftyGirl PPP GDT
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

Papelitos said...

love your work, it's wonderful what you do.
I would love to invite you to design, as guest designer, two challenges, your choice.
If you want to work more, they also invited.
I just started with my digital stamps:http://www.etsy.com/shop/PapelitosStamps
and we have a weekly challenge blog:http://papelitosstamps.blogspot.com.es/
we are in our second challenge ...

I await your response. E-mail: cris.origami@gmail.com

Nice to meet you.

Susan said...

I LOVE this card, everything about it!
I am not 100% sure it counts as Alice, but that is not for me to say...so no worries!
Thanks for joining us at PPP.
Susan (DT)

Ally White Cat said...

this piece reaches out and grabs you.awesome job. I am so glad you joined us at PPP.
susan s.