Cuddly Buddly

Cuddly Buddly
DT Member

Cuddly Buddly

Cuddly Buddly
FACEBOOK

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Grew up in the era of make and mend so have always been crafty. Love trying new things and in particularly love Art and Crafts. My favourite techniques are colouring with different mediums and altered art. Always happy to try new things.

Email me here

Popular Posts

Spread the word

BLOG CANDY

FREE

Google translate

CLICK TO BECOME A FOLLOWER OF THIS BLOG

Followers

Translate

Total Pageviews

BLOG CANDY

Follow by Email

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.
COPYRIGHT NOTICE Please take a look at my work, you are more than welcome to take inspiration from designs but please do not copy any of my cards or use any of the ideas as your own.


All content referring to photographs, text and design projects are the work of uk-sharon-colouringforpleasure.


Thank you for your support and co-operation.

Saturday, 16 June 2012

JUBILEE COLOURS!




I had this little girl stamp from Lily of the Valley coloured along with several more stamps from LOTV all in the same colour scheme.  Although the images had worked well using the Red, White and Blue - I was a bit perplexed when deciding on design, paper etc.


Decided to use jubilee papers from Papermania (CD Rom - Portabella Road) and distressing inks.  Although I think I have a style that is mine I do not like to use the same technique/style on all my projects.  There are many crafters I really like and recognise their work as I find they stick to very similar cards and only change papers, images and flowers in many cases.  This is no disrespect to them in any way it's just my preference to try different things and enjoy the crafting of new ideas and techniques.


This one definitely took me out of my comfort zone - not sure how much I like it yet - but I usually fined I like them better the next day when I've had time away from it.  It's like making anything - you see the mistakes but nobody else does!










Techniques:

Medium:   Copics, Primsa and Polychromo pencils, White gel pen, Black pen, distressing ink
Papers:    Portabella Road
Dies used:  Large flower - Spellbinder spiral flower die, Circle dies - Spellbinders and Creatables
Embellishments:   Sentiment, Flowers, brads, twine
Best wishes,
Challenges I'm entering this into 
Funwithshapes.... - Summer
Hotshot craft... - distressing ink
Poodle Parlour - Red, White and blue
CropStop - banners ....
Littlemissmuffet - layers

12 comments:

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the image and fab layout.xxx

Vicki said...

Stunning card! Fabulous colors and details. Thanks for joining our CropStop Banner Challenge.

julie_woolston said...

Beautiful card love the design and layout.

Hugs Julie x

Joey said...

Fab card Sharon, love these papers and the layout. Thanks for joining us at LMMS. Joey x

michele said...

Gorgeous card Sharon love the colour combo and lovely DP's hugs x

Katie said...

Fantastic card! Wonderful touches of embellishments. Thank you so much for joining us at CropStop this week!

Sue Nicholson said...

Great card, lovely colouring, just perfect for the red white and blue challenge here at Poodles Parlour. Thanks for joining us, good luck, cheers Sue N x

Veronica said...

Adorable,
thank you for joining CropStop's Banner Challenge

jackid said...

Beautiful creation thanks for playing along with us at poodles
Jacki xx

CropStop said...

Congrats on your "Cream of the Crop" award with the CropStop Blog Challenge "Banners"..... hope to "see" ya in the store!

Marlena Peduzzi said...

Hi Sharon! You may have been out of your comfort zone with this one but it came out just great! It really is quite fabulous! So glad to see you joining our challenge at Little Miss Muffet!

craftymum said...

Wonderful! Thank you for joining us at HSC for our Distress Inks challenge

Sarah x

Check Hot Shot Craft shop for new items
http://www.hotshotcraft.co.uk/catalog/