Cuddly Buddly

Cuddly Buddly
DT Member

Cuddly Buddly

Cuddly Buddly
FACEBOOK

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Grew up in the era of make and mend so have always been crafty. Love trying new things and in particularly love Art and Crafts. My favourite techniques are colouring with different mediums and altered art. Always happy to try new things.

Email me here

Popular Posts

Spread the word

BLOG CANDY

FREE

Google translate

CLICK TO BECOME A FOLLOWER OF THIS BLOG

Followers

Translate

Total Pageviews

BLOG CANDY

Follow by Email

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.
COPYRIGHT NOTICE Please take a look at my work, you are more than welcome to take inspiration from designs but please do not copy any of my cards or use any of the ideas as your own.


All content referring to photographs, text and design projects are the work of uk-sharon-colouringforpleasure.


Thank you for your support and co-operation.

Friday, 30 March 2012

PHINDYS PLACE CHALLENGE


This week's challenge at Phindy's Place is an easy one - just add ribbon.


For this post I have used BEAR HUG available here.


Thought I'd just mention that I have just invested in some Perfect matting and square to help with precision of cutting giving more uniformity to your cards.  I have to admit I found it quite difficult to cut the Co-ordinations as it is quite a heavy cardstock.  I found that the Tim Holtz craft knife wasn't very good - had more luck with my Cuttlebee knife but unfortunately I found when I went to change the blade that the screw-in part of the knife has a tiny piece broken off so now have a broken craft knife and a whole pack of replacement blades!


What a nightmare trying to get replacement blades - I think I have got half a dozen craft knifes - everytime I used all the blades up I find I can't get the replacement blades for the particular knife I have and finish up buying yet another.  Decided this time I am going to get a Stanley knife as there is never any problem getting blades to fit.  Just have to be extra careful not to lose a finger as they are extremely sharp!




Techniques:



Medium:
Spectrum Noir and Copics
Prisma and Polychromo pencils
Black roller ball pen
PVA glue for faux pearls


Papers:
1st Edition Paper Collection
Co-ordinations

Dies used:
Marianne dies

Embellishments:
Sentiment from Pixie Cottage - girls
Petaloo flowers

Best wishes,


Challenges I'm entering this into
Copic Marker Europe = Skin tones
Crafty Purple Frog - Anything goes
MAWTT - Cute and Cuddly
Simon Says Stamps - Anything goes
CYDI - Pretty Peacock



14 comments:

Anne said...

What a gorgeous card Sharon, beautiful ribbon! I use a quilting rotary cutter with my Perfect Layers rulers, find them very good - always provided you have a self healing mat, not sure how they'd work with a glass mat...

Anne
x

cotnob said...

Fab card Sharon, I love the colours and your gorgeous pearl swirls.
Thank you for joining us at the Crafty Purple Frog Challenge.
Pauline
x

Nicki [LittleTed] said...

Gorgeous card Sharon, I love the cute image and all those swirly pearls.

Thank you for entering my giveaway which ended today. I've updated the post with the winner - check it out for some good news!

Hugs, Nicki, xx

Susie Little said...

Such a Beautiful card, Thank you for playing along with us at The Crafty Purple Frog! Good Luck.xx

Sue said...

Aww what a sweet image Sharon! and you've coloured it so beautifully! I Love the gorgeous papers and embellishments! it's a really cute card!
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT and Good Luck in the Challenge!
Have a lovely weekend!
Hugs Sue xx

Catherine said...

I love the colours you have used on this, so sweet.....

Marlena Peduzzi said...

Beautiful Sharon! Your ribbon is so pretty and I just love your flourished embellishments!

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

Wow! great color combo! this is really striking and just beautiful! Thank you for playing with us at Moving Along With The Times :)

Liz said...

Sharon Homebase have a craft knife I am sure its a stanly one I used to use it Unsure where it exactlky is but if I am in Homebase I will look see if they still have them they are sharp but dont think quite as dangerous as the Stanly Knife !!!!! TAKE CARE PLEASE
Liz x

Rica said...

A fabulous card, your culours are stunning and such an adprable image.

Thanks so much for joining the Simon Says Stamp challange
hugs
Heather xx

pinky said...

Hi Sharon, what an absolutely cutie and the colours are just amazing. Congratulations on being member of the month, what an honour for you!! Hugs
Pinky

Lisa Jane said...

Wonderful card
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this for our Cute and Cuddly challenge
Lisa x

Michelle Single said...

Oh, Sharon - this adorable little creation has WON at Can You Digi It? Email me at michelle {at} wannastamp {dot} com for your winnings! CONGRATS!!!!

Ann English said...

Gorgeous card!