Wednesday, 8 February 2012

THE PIXIE COTTAGE - CHALLENGE #107 RED


This week's challenge at the Pixie Cottage is the choice of use of sketch provided or use the colour RED and for the really clever crafter's you can use both.


I have gone for the theme RED for my project.  The stamp I used is a digi stamp by ARTISH called The Pixie Cottage Digital Image Plush Couch



I have to admit to a few mishaps over this one.  I chose the backing papers first and thought I'd use red as the accent colour.  So colouring the image I wasn't sure I'd used red enough so went a bit mad there!  Then thought I try a fancy cut border using spellbinders.  All was going well until the last cut when the die slipped removing too much of the image !  Then thought I'd cut it right down and mat it - didn't like and the mishap could be seen by me and once you know it's there that's all you see!  


Not wanting to re-start decided to keep going and see what would happen.  Changed the mat to a Frame and this hid problem.


Next blip was the embellishments - flowers - looked OK before I stuck them down.  Decided that there wasn't enough RED meaning that was what the challenge was so decided to add die cuts and then more die cut and even more die cuts.  Unsure plundered on!


Well now I was completely unsure whether or not I liked it.  Thought it had turned out too busy in my effort to add extra red to the project.  Then went to mount the project on the card only to find I hadn't got any cardstock large enough so had to use two A3 pieces and join together making the spine.  Still unconvinced added some faux stitching.


That said I yo-yoed from not liking it to quite liking it.  Anyway I didn't dislike it enough to bin it so must mean I liked it more than I didn't!






Techniques:
USED:
Stamps:    The Pixie Cottage - Digital stamp - Plush couch by Artish
Papers used:  My minds eye paper pack - antique dots

Medium:
Copics
Pencils
White gel pen
Spica pens


Papers:
As above

Dies used:
Marianne - heart
Cherry Lynn - flourish
Magnolia - swirl
Memory box - label
Memory box - Hearts

Embellishments:
Ribbon
Bows
Various flowers
Leaves
Faux brads
3d butterflies
Best wishes,
Challenges I'm entering this into 
Celebrate the Occasion - Anything goes Birthday
Crafty Sentiments - Lets go Girly
Digital Tuesday - Pink or Red
Everybody art challenge - Love
Ladybug Crafts ..... - he loves me .....
Papertake Weekly - Anything goes

11 comments:

vickisunshine said...

I love this, such a gorgeous image, beautifully coloured and love your attention to detail.
Hugs
Vicki x

Denise and Louise said...

Gorgeous card. Love how you have combined the image.
Hugs
Denise G xx

girlia said...

Awesome coloring. Thanks for joining in on the birthday challenge at CTO

ScrappyRae10 said...

Amazing...seriously are you the wolrds best colorer...is that even a word LOL!! Great Job!! Thanks for joining up at CTO!!!

coldwaters2 said...

WOWW Sharon this is awesome, those papers, the embellishments, design and that image are beautiful, thank you for sharing this with us at Crafty Sentiments this week.
hugs
Lorraine x

Diane's Card Designs said...

Wow this is gorgeous. The rich colours and all those flowers and butterflies looks beautiful. Such a sweet image. Thanks for joining us at LCI this fortnight.
Diane xx

Whimsey said...

What a cute image! Fabulous card; love the color combo!

Thanks for joining us at LCI!!

Hugs,
Michele

Esther said...

Gorgeous card!
Such an adoarble image!
Thanks for joining us at CTO

Dilsaver Designs said...

That is one cute image, love the book fold on your beautiful card! Thanks for joining us @ CTO this week for our "Anything Goes Birthday" Challenge :)

Liz said...

Well Sharon thats a story and a half lol lol:) I am sitting here imagining all that ...its a lovely card but most certainly more busy than your usual work ..keep ploughing on there lady :) I will be mailing u tomorrow
Liz xx

Katina said...

Gorgeous card Sharon! Lovely image, papers and layout. Thanks for playing along with us at Papertake Weekly this week and good luck!
x