Cuddly Buddly

Cuddly Buddly
DT Member

Cuddly Buddly

Cuddly Buddly
FACEBOOK

Blog Archive

Search

Loading...

About Me

My photo
Grew up in the era of make and mend so have always been crafty. Love trying new things and in particularly love Art and Crafts. My favourite techniques are colouring with different mediums and altered art. Always happy to try new things.

Email me here

Popular Posts

Spread the word

BLOG CANDY

FREE

Google translate

CLICK TO BECOME A FOLLOWER OF THIS BLOG

Followers

Translate

Total Pageviews

BLOG CANDY

Follow by Email

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.
COPYRIGHT NOTICE Please take a look at my work, you are more than welcome to take inspiration from designs but please do not copy any of my cards or use any of the ideas as your own.


All content referring to photographs, text and design projects are the work of uk-sharon-colouringforpleasure.


Thank you for your support and co-operation.

Sunday, 27 November 2011

SWEETPEA STAMPS

I am lovely being on the Sweetpea DT and have been enjoying going through my Sweetpea collection of stamps.  I love having so many lovely stamps and  can chose the one that inspires me on that particularly day. 

For my first project I have used a fabulous stamp from Anna Marine called  Trick Me Once or available as one of four stamps on  Sheet 1, Plate 141.


I chose to kept to the green's and neutral's to reflect the IRISH theme of the stamp but I think she would look good any colour!


Techniques:
USED:
Stamps: SWEETPEA -  Trick Me Once
Papers used: Bo Bunny

Medium:
Copics/S Noir pens
Prisma and Polychromo pencils
Black roller ball pen
White gel pen
Sukura gel pens

Papers:
As above - all others Crafters Companion

Dies used:
Spellbinders
Embellishments:
Petaloo flowers and embellishment
Faux brads

CARD 1 - Challenges I'm entering this into  
2 Sisters - Holiday (St Patricks Day)
Hiding in My Craft..... - Any Holiday (")
Secret Crafters - Borders and Flowers
Sweet Stamping - Punches/Dies
Less is more - a bit of bling

For my next project I used  Rachel Anderson's Sunrise also available on stamp plate - sheet 2, plate 111

CARD 2
For this card I wanted to try to achieve a watercolour wash effect for the background.  Have to admit I found it a lot harder than I thought to achieve.  Sometimes the simple effects are the hardest to achieve.   I used a blending pen to take out some of the colour giving a more subdued look.



Techniques:
USED:
Stamps: Sweetpea - Rachel Anderson's Sunrise
Papers used: Bo Bunny
Medium:
Copics and S Noir pens
Spica glitter pens
Black roller ball pen
White gel pen

Papers:
As above
All others Crafters Companion

Dies used:
Spellbinders
Marianne
Embellishments:
3d Stickers - Butterflies
Brads
Pearls
Bow

Card 2 - Challenges I'm entering this into  
Prairie Fairy - Anything fall
Inspire me Fridays - Anything
Mami Doodles - Fairy tales are real
Wags and Whiskers - Angel or Fairy
Crafty Purple Frog - For someone special

My next project features Renee Biertempfel's Oceania  and available on Sheet 1, Plate 144.  Check out these stamps - she has created some wonderful backgrounds and I have been playing around with ways to achieve something similiar - unfortunately can't find where I put them!

I have to say in this photo she does look as if she has a black eye but this I think is due to the fact you are only seeing a partial eye!


Techniques:
USED:
Stamps: Sweetpea - Renee Biertempfel's Oceania
Papers  used:  Dies to die for
Medium:
Copics and S Noir pens
Stickles glitter
Prisma and Polychromo pencils

Papers:
As above
All others Crafters Companion

Dies used:
Spellbinders 
Embellishments:
Pearls
Flowers
Gems
Die cut leaves
Best wishes,
Card 3 - Challenges I'm entering this into challenges



13 comments:

Kathyk said...

Not sure if card 1 is LIM enough for the Mandi and Chrissie's challenge but it IS(along with your others) fabulous

Kathyk

Mandi said...

Super card, but, Less is More is exactly what we say on the tin..Less rather than More

Thank you, do hoep tio see you again, with a CAS entry
mandi LIM

Chrissie said...

I think that you may not have spotted that our challenges are always for Clean and Simple cards, your card is very pretty, but doesn't actually fall into that category.
Do join us again with a CAS card!
Thanks
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sarah said...

Hi there, what a wonderful selection of cards. All them so beautifully coloured and constructed. The images are just gorgeous. Thanks for joining in with us this week at Sweet Stampin. Sarah

Posh Cat Crafts said...

Wonderful cards I really like the flowers and border. Thank you for joining us at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
Hugs
Tamara

downrightcrafty said...

beautiful creation and love the border and flower choice, thank you so much for sharing your lovely work with us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
Hugs Kate xx
ps I have some new candy if you are interested :)

Curlybear said...

OMGosh what a gorgeous way to use your borders and flowers , fabulous colour theme and design,

Thank You so much for taking part at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge: 162 Borders and Flowers I hope you join us again next week,

Have a lovely day,
Good luck with the challenge,
Hugs Bridget :0) x.
SCSC DT

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

WOW these are all stunning, can't pick which I look most, the images are all gorgeous and your attention to detail is fab on each of them
Lindsay xx

Tracey Brossart said...

Absolutely fabulous cards! those huge flowers are gorgeous and love the swirls too! Thanks for joining us at "Fairy Fun Fridays" for our Fall challenge! Good Luck! :D

Hugz & TFS,
xx Tracey/FFF-DT xx

CraftyC said...

They are all beautiful Sharon. I love all the papers and the first image is gorgeous, my favourite!
Clairexx

Dora said...

Wow these are stunning, love the images and beautiful flowers. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week. Good luck xx

Karen said...

Lovely stamping and colouring on these cards Karen x

xxxtglxxx said...

Oh My - Beautiful cards Sharon! :) Gorgeous.

Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week,

hugs

xxalisonxx