Cuddly Buddly

Cuddly Buddly
DT Member

Cuddly Buddly

Cuddly Buddly
FACEBOOK

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Grew up in the era of make and mend so have always been crafty. Love trying new things and in particularly love Art and Crafts. My favourite techniques are colouring with different mediums and altered art. Always happy to try new things.

Email me here

Popular Posts

Spread the word

BLOG CANDY

FREE

Google translate

CLICK TO BECOME A FOLLOWER OF THIS BLOG

Followers

Translate

Total Pageviews

BLOG CANDY

Follow by Email

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.
COPYRIGHT NOTICE Please take a look at my work, you are more than welcome to take inspiration from designs but please do not copy any of my cards or use any of the ideas as your own.


All content referring to photographs, text and design projects are the work of uk-sharon-colouringforpleasure.


Thank you for your support and co-operation.

Monday, 4 July 2011

DT CALL - SUNDAYS WITH CHRISSY


I'm not going to apologise for being so keen - I have half a dozen favourite artists and Chrissy Armstrong is definitely on my list!  I am usually more interested in colouring figures, cute children etc but I have found myself drawn to her animals too.  They are just so easy to use for so many occasions being cute but not overly so!



Today I have chosen to use BEACH BABY JAYME.  I just love this frog and don't you get the impression she does too!  Nearly forgot to mention this stamp is from her digi range.




Techniques:

Have to admit to finding the frogs face the hardest to colour - wanted to keep the expression in the face without over colouring and going too dark and losing that fun pose!


Medium:
Copics and Promarkers
Prisma and Polychromo pencils
A couple of stickles glitter glue
White gel pen

Papers:
Pattern - various paper packs
Dark Green pattern and plain - Crafters Companion
Gold - Create and Craft
Dies used:
All dies used were from Spellbinders
except the Butterfly which was a
Marianne die
Embellishments:
Clear gems
Transfers - for sentiment
Best wishes,
Challenges I'm entering this into

Sundays with Crissy - DT Call
All things Unity - Butterfly
OSAAT - Use a digi
Catch the bug - Anything goes
Annabelle Stamps - Frames


13 comments:

Marilyn Webb said...

OMG This image made we chuckle! Beautiful card, and I love your coloring, and all the sparkles. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Catch the Bug.
hugs Marilyn

stitchy said...

Hi Sharon, how have you been? I see you are still creating beautiful cards. Those background papers are perfect for that adorable digi lol..Thanks for joining along with us at OSAAT..Hope you try out for August contest, would love to put one of yours in print :)..

stitchy
xoxox

Crissy Armstrong said...

Good job with Beach Baby Jayme! I love what you did! And I know what you're saying re. the facial features. I usually try to keep the face lighter than the rest of the body on the animals just for the purpose of what you're saying - to keep the expression from getting lost in the dark colours. I love the sentiment you put with it - very appropriate to Jayme's pose! Thanks for trying out again!

Liz said...

Oh Sharon hun this did make me laff and I think you have coloured froggies to perfection its a fab digi full of fun and yes sentiment is brill too and so nice to see Chrissy took time to comment and I am certain you will make the team!
Good luck hun

Liz xxxxxxxx

AnnaBelle Stamps Blog said...

This is simply adorable! Love the colours you've coloured your frog with, you've given her a lot of dimension! Beautiful layout as well!
Thanks for sharing with us this week :) Our link is in the sidebar and it would be great if you could add it there for everyone to see!
Andrea

Sue Kohler said...

beautifully coloured image, perfectly framed in the gorgeous frame!
thanks for sharing at AnnaBelle's this week! :)

Wenda said...

Beautiful card, thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week.

Hugs Wenda

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

I toadly love your card. I too have that image and I use to color it with my water color pencils...I haven't tried copics, but now I'm ready for the challenge. Wonderful job!!! Thank you for joining the challenge at Catch the Bug.

Kylie said...

What a super cute and adorable card! LOVE your image, it's too cute and your colouring is amazing, your whole card and elements are stunning, I'm in love lol!
Thanks for playing along with us at Annabelle Stamps Blog!

Take Care,
Kylie X

Love crafts forever said...

Thank you so much for playing with us at OSAAT this week, and good luck for the prize.
Hugs Nataliya

Nikki Byrne said...

Fantabulous image and great colouring. Gorgeous card well done. Thank you for sharing it wothus at OSAAT this week. Good luck. Nikki DT

Michele Spera said...

Wow! wonderful job,thank you for joining us at Sundays with Crissy
Michele

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Your card is beautiful--love your coloring.

So glad you wanted to join in the fun over at ATU--be sure to use only Unity and Ippity stamps when linking up:)