Tuesday, 1 March 2011

NEW DIGI'S FROM SUGAR NELLIES


Like a lot of crafters out there, I was waiting for the new release of Simply Adorable and I've got to say this one is my absolute favourite.

It didn't matter how tired I felt I just had to push through it!

I decided to go for Monochrome plus one other colour and since the colouring of the image is quite dramatic I went quite simply with just the black and white backing papers.

I will just add that I did dry emboss a square frame but unfortunately most of it has been lost under the other embellishments.




Techniques:

Medium:

Copics, Prisma (added to face) and Polychromos (hair and shading)
Gouache - highlights
Fine liner pen - borders
Black soot distressing ink for leaves
Glitter spray and varnish (Crafters Companion)

Papers:

Co-ordinates black texture and Neenah cardstock (white) (Crafters Companion)


Embossing folders

Mandella board - dry embossing

Dies used:

Cuttlebug - leaf
Magnolia - doily flowers and flourish
Marianne - decorative corner

Embellishments:

Faux brads (QVC)


Best wishes,

Challenges I'm entering this into



Crafty Our Passion - girly girl

Lexis Creations - flowers

Stamps R Us - for the girls

The Shabby Tea room - red, black and white

Wildorchid - anything goes

Corrosive - distressing

Stamptacular Sunday - frame



11 comments:

SuzanneK said...

Stunning Sharon, love the white and the image soooo gorgeous, I will be getting this one. Hugs Suzanne x

Janet said...

great card! thanks for joining the corrosive challenge!
hugs

Posh Cat Crafts said...

Gorgeous card and your colouring is perfection Thank you for joining us at Craft your passion Hugs
Tamara GDT

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

What a beautiful card! I love that image! Wow! Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Shabby Tea Room! :)

Hugs...
Melissa
TSTR Designer

Collette said...

I like the white expanse with the pop of red - very striking! Thanks for participating in the challenge over at Stamps R Us this fortnight.

Stephanie said...

Very nice! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.

cbuswell said...

lovely card! great coloring! thanks for playing along this week at The Shabby Tea Room!

Regan said...

Fabulous monochromatic card! And your coloring is exquisite! I especially love her hair! Thanks for playing along @ The Corrosive Challenge! :)

Diane said...

Beautiful...your coloring is stunning, has to be the best I have seen!!

Sprytebyrd said...

Awesome card! Love the way the red just pops!
Thanks so much for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday this week!
Hugs!! Dee Sprytebyrd's Sentiments

Nicole said...

Pretty! Great job coloring! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR! :)