Monday, 5 July 2010

Contented

Quixotic Challenge #30


Just received my order of new release Elizabeth Bell stamps for "Bells and Whistles" from Quixotic and couldn't wait to get stamping - the images are adorable, I have loads but can't help added to my collection.
Although I've only been crafting for a short while I have managed to accumulate quite a few stamps now.


The sketch used for this challenge




I found the flower background on a CD from Debbie Moore "Paper Delights - The Flower Bloom" the other papers were from "Baby Love" a Joanna Sheen CD.  Having picked the papers I chose the colour the toddler in the following copic colours
E50, E00, E11 and E13 skin tones
E31, E33, E35 and E39 hair
RV29, R35 and R37 dress
C2 and C4 shadow


I finished off the card with adding some glitter to the edges of two of the oblongs and drew a border around the other two with a silver leaf pen.  I used a nestabilities die to cut the oval shape for the main focus of the card.  With the flower, flourishes and sentiment added - the card was finished.


Hope you like my interpretation of sketch
Best wishes
Sharon

Heavenly

 Mo's digital Challenge #38

This card has been entered in the above challenge.  The criteria was to incorporate fabric into your design. I found some left over fabric I had from some curtains I made for the front room lounge.

The digi stamp I chose to use for this project is called "Robin" and it's from Mo's Digital Pencil Store - this is only one of the growing number of digi stamps I have purchased and love from Mo Mannings digi selection of artwork.

For this project I used mostly things I already had in my craft supplies.  The textured backings papers were from a multi-buy I bought some time ago from Crafters Companion.  I printed my image out on acetate and cardstock as I needed the design to be the same size on both.  Using a MyCraftStudio CD Rom I created a sky background on the acetate image.  I then mounted the acetate image onto the natural cream fabric creating a fringe effect on the fabric by pulling the threads.  I used a cottonwool make-up pad to create a cloud and added some flourishs with a die I have and then added the ribbon. I used the same die I used to cut the cottonwool cloud to cut the text which was been printed on acetate.



I used stickles for the halo and angel wings (Star Dust and Crystal) giving an ethereal feel to the card.

The copics used to colour "robin" were
E11, E13 and E25 skin tone
R11 Tongue and lips
E31, E34 ans E35 hair
W00, W1, W4 and W5 cloud
BG11 clothes

Best wishes
Sharon x