Cuddly Buddly

Cuddly Buddly
DT Member

Cuddly Buddly

Cuddly Buddly
FACEBOOK

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Grew up in the era of make and mend so have always been crafty. Love trying new things and in particularly love Art and Crafts. My favourite techniques are colouring with different mediums and altered art. Always happy to try new things.

Email me here

Popular Posts

Spread the word

BLOG CANDY

FREE

Google translate

CLICK TO BECOME A FOLLOWER OF THIS BLOG

Followers

Translate

Total Pageviews

BLOG CANDY

Follow by Email

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.
COPYRIGHT NOTICE Please take a look at my work, you are more than welcome to take inspiration from designs but please do not copy any of my cards or use any of the ideas as your own.


All content referring to photographs, text and design projects are the work of uk-sharon-colouringforpleasure.


Thank you for your support and co-operation.

Wednesday, 15 December 2010

PAPERPLAY CHALLENGE #50

Theme - Anything but a card.



For this project I had already coloured an image but not known what to do with it, so thought it would be ideal for this challenge.

The image was one of the sweetpea rubber stamps by Caron Vinson who is quite well known for her fairy images.  I coloured her with copic and spica pens adding a lace stickles to the wings.  I love this lace stickles glitter glue as it gives a frosty feel to it.

At first I had planned to make a tag but couldn't get the look I wanted so decided to use on a gift bag as an altered art item.  Luckily the tones of the gift bag and design worked well with the image.


I used a Magnolia die for the flourishes and Marianne dies for the poinsettias.  I create the feeling I was looking for I added pearls and sparkly gems for a real girly gift bag.  I added more bling by adding more stickles (crystal ice) to the poinsettias and dress.

Finally to give it a lavish feel I added a hugh bow.

Hope you like this creation and I have inspired you to try something different.  Don't forget to check out the other DT's blogs to see what they have come up with.

Best wishes, 




Challenge #mainly blue christmas http://craftsandmechallenges.blogspot.com/
Challenge #anything but a card http://justcutebears.blogspot.com/
Challenge #christmas sparkle http://letsinkitup.blogspot.com/

11 comments:

Kat said...

What a sweet bag. I love the soft, pretty colours. Thanks for joining us at Just Cute Bears & Friends.

Kat x

Grace said...

Oh what a gorgeous gift bag! Any girl would love to receive this!!! Love the sparkle and soft feel! Thanks for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ!

Becky said...

This is just a stunning bag, gorgeous colors. Thank you for sharing this with us at Stampin Sisters in Christ.

SuzanneK said...

Gorgeous bag, I am sure the recipient is going to love it as much as the pressie inside. Thanks for sharing with us at LIIU, good luck. Suzanne x

Patti J said...

How much fun to be the recipient of this special gift! So happy that you joined us this week at Stampin' Sisters in Christ! Thanks for participating in the challenge, and we hope to see you next time!

Kendra said...

Great soft colors and sparkle, perfect for a fairy image! Thanks for playing at Let's Ink It Up!

Evermore Card Creations said...

This is beautiful!! What a fabulous gift bag! Great job!

KymKreates said...

Oh my this is fabulous. Anyone would love to receive this bag. Who cares about what is inside!

Thanks for joining us on our Anything At All challenge. Good luck and hope to see more of your wonderful artwork!
KymKreates
Sweet Pea DT

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Sharon - this is just darling! I love that image and the added sparkle - Love it! Thank you for playing along with this weeks Stampin' Sisters in Christ - we appreciate your support and love to see what you have been creating! Merry Christmas and Happy, Happy New Year to your and your family!
{{{hugs}}}
Linda SSIC Design Team

miskyla said...

GORGEOUS!! She is absolutely stunning!! Wonderful job :)

Helen said...

Beautiful!
Thanks for joining us at Just Cute Bears & Friends!
Helen x