Sunday, 19 December 2010

FLOWER GIRL

Challenge #sketch plus red, white and gold or blue, silver and white http://sketchycolors.blogspot.com/
Challenge #free and easy anything goes http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.com/
Challenge #time to party http://totallypapercrafts.blogspot.com/
Challenge #mainly blue christmas http://craftsandmechallenges.blogspot.com/
Challenge #lets party http://ynschallenges.blogspot.com/



For this project I used one of the Mo Manning digital stamps from Mo's Digital Pencil called "Flower girl" and thought this would make a wonderful card for a bridesmaid from the Bride and Groom.

I coloured this image with copics and used my new prisma pencils to darken the folds on the girl's dress and add a subtle tone to her skin.  I masked the girl's face and arms and then sprayed lightly with smooch spritz ink (pearl).

I paper pierced the two opposite corners of the main image and used a fine liner pen to complete the full border.



I kept the colour scheme fairly neutral.  The textured cardstock was from Crafters Companion and the silver mirri from Create and Craft.

I embellished with some petal flowers I had as a free thank you when ordering crafting goodies from America.  The foliage leaves were cut with a Magnolia die and I added ribbon, peel offs and gems to complete.

Hope you like as I wanted a feeling of wedding without full on.

Best wishes and Merry Christmas to you.



8 comments:

brenda said...

Hi there

I am thrilled you have joined in my "Free and Easy" theme at Allsorts this fortnight and confess to being astounded by the huge response this weekend.

I usually like to visit every entry and say a few words about their creations, but the sheer volume so far along with the Christmas preparations we all have to juggle means this is a "copied and pasted" message, for which I apologise.

Wishing you a very Happy Christmas and wonderful holiday time.

B x

Suzie said...

A lovely card and image. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz and have a lovely Christmas. Suzie x

Mummylade said...

What a wonderful creation! Thank you so much for entering the Allsorts challenge and have a lovely Christmas.

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card :-) the image is very cute and the colours and sparkle are fab :-)

thanks for joining us on the Totally Papercrafts Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Lindsey said...

What a cutie! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week x

Aunty Sue said...

stunning card love the image and thanks for joining crafty catz

itsabrt said...

Oh this is impeccably darling! Thanks for partying it up with YNS Challenges!

Suzanne said...

A gorgeous project. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this time x