Thursday, 12 August 2010

Mirror Mirror




For this project I used a Lili of the Valley stamp and coloured it with copic pens.  I used the sketch from A gem of a Challenge.



The backing papers were from Belles Ballet CD Rom and Crafters Companion.  I distressed the edges with a paper distressing tool.  I used a cuttlebug folder to emboss the centre mat.  I used a Nestibilities die to cut the image and then used two together to create the frame (same shape as topper).  I threaded embroidery thread around the frame and secured.  The flourishes were created using a Marianne die.

The card was embellished with a flower, brad, ribbon and pearls.

5 comments:

debby4000 said...

Fabulous, cute card Sharon.
luv
Debby

Tracey said...

This is so pretty Sharon, I love that frame :)

Hugs
Tracey x
(Special Guest Designer for A Gem of a Challenge)

Rebekah said...

This is a lovely card great interpretation of the sketch thanks for joining us at a gem of a challenge this month hugs Rebekah xxx

Jennifer said...

Lovely to see your creation with my sketch...I love it! Thanks for entering 'A Gem Of A challenge! xx Jenny xx

Mandy said...

A beautiful card...Lovely papers and a great take on the sketch...Thank you for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge....
Mandy xx