Monday, 5 July 2010
This card has been entered in the above challenge. The criteria was to incorporate fabric into your design. I found some left over fabric I had from some curtains I made for the front room lounge.
The digi stamp I chose to use for this project is called "Robin" and it's from Mo's Digital Pencil Store - this is only one of the growing number of digi stamps I have purchased and love from Mo Mannings digi selection of artwork.
For this project I used mostly things I already had in my craft supplies. The textured backings papers were from a multi-buy I bought some time ago from Crafters Companion. I printed my image out on acetate and cardstock as I needed the design to be the same size on both. Using a MyCraftStudio CD Rom I created a sky background on the acetate image. I then mounted the acetate image onto the natural cream fabric creating a fringe effect on the fabric by pulling the threads. I used a cottonwool make-up pad to create a cloud and added some flourishs with a die I have and then added the ribbon. I used the same die I used to cut the cottonwool cloud to cut the text which was been printed on acetate.
I used stickles for the halo and angel wings (Star Dust and Crystal) giving an ethereal feel to the card.
The copics used to colour "robin" were
E11, E13 and E25 skin tone
R11 Tongue and lips
E31, E34 ans E35 hair
W00, W1, W4 and W5 cloud